Friday, January 6, 2012

Cleveland Browns Off-Season

If I was in charge, here's what I would do:

Offensive Coordinator. This is tricky, because if someone is available, there's a reason they're available - they suck. So I would like to see a college Head Coach become our Offensive Coordinator. I feel like we won't be able to lure in an OC from another team...so we'd have to promote one up from being a WR Coach or a QB Coach. Can we get New Orleans' WR Coach to be our OC? What about Green Bay's QB Coach? If you can't bring in an awesome guy like that, then what's the difference between grabbing some other Coordinator who's been on 32 different NFL teams or grabbing a Head Coach from the NCAA? I don't know, I feel like my logic is falling apart and I'll admit it. That's more than the Browns do. One way or another, we need an OC.

I would make offers to the following free agent WRs:
Marques Colston, Vincent Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, Mario Manningham and Robert Meachum. All of which are long-shots to ever come to Cleveland, but if we don't make the offers we're stupid.

I would make offers to the following free agent Offensive Linemen:
Ben Grubbs, Carl Nicks. Again, both long-shots.

I would try to bring back Peyton Hillis and accept that he gets hurt a lot and that we'll need a second option. I would make offers to the following RBs:
Ryan Grant, Arian Foster, and Michael Bush. Long-shots, as usual.

Defensively, there's not much of note we can do in Free Agency. No one is really an upgrade, or they're old and a waste of time. Sheldon Brown needs to be replaced.

The draft is impossible to predict, because no one knows anything about players 100 to 250. We have pick 4, and pick 22. With pick 4, They need Justin Blackmon. There's no one else. RG3 will have all the same problems that Colt McCoy has with this team. Colt + Justin Blackmon + Josh Cribbs is probably better than RG3 + Josh Cribbs + Mohammad Massaquoi.

The pick later on...who knows who is available. If there's another Wide Receiver, maybe we even do that. Look at the Steelers: their offensive line has historically been terrible, but Roethlisberger can just toss a ball up and his receivers get open and make the catch. If there's a good RG or RT, we could do that. I don't know how highly the scouts think of LaMichael James, but if he's a first round pick, I'd say do it. Clearly the 5'5" RB WORKS in the NFL. MJD, Sproles, Woodhead.. All better RBs than Montario Hardesty and Brandon Jacobs. Probably better than Peyton Hillis. You know what the answer is? Draft LaMichael James, put him back there with Hardesty.. Move Hillis back to Fullback.. Cut Owen Marecic who is the worst player on our team. That's a win for everyone. Except Marecic. He can go be on someone's practice squad.

...I digress. I don't know what the hell they do.

At least The Steelers are out.

No comments:

Post a Comment